Monday, April 5, 2010

World Water Day

Whee… I attended World Water Day at Botanical Gardens last Saturday. Ps. Botanical Garden, Penang isn’t as beautiful as it was.

ANYWAYZ…

We were all water lovers, well that’s what YAB Lim Guan Eng, our most beloved chief minister, called us. :)

20 of us INTI SOSAM members turned out for this event that day to do some work. SO CALLED work.

_DSC2584

Our group photo before we start work. Had to edit it a little, no thanks to my f/3.5 lens.

_DSC2603

Kids participating in the drawing contest hoping to win some of the bikes you saw in the previous pictures.

It’s actually a very good prize you know, at least it’s better than those freaking PSP and XBOX 360 which is very, very unhealthy indeed. I thought laptops would be better though. Anyway, bicycles are just fine.

_DSC2610

Oh, this was our t-shirt.

_DSC2645HAHA, I was dead tired chasing after this little mischief using my bloody 55-200mm damn hard to focus. Well it’s better than 70-200mm which is damn heavy. I’d consider using a 50mm or 35mm prime lenses instead. How about some 17-50mm, maybe it would drop from the skies!?

_DSC2646

_DSC2685_DSC2686

Preparations on the way.

_DSC2693

OK, this uncle right here sipek pattern-ful.

_DSC2697

There was also snakes and ladder game for the small ones. Hahaha.

_DSC2719 _DSC2748

Left: was testing out my camera’s colours, seeing whose camera performs better. However I proved that my not-totally-useless 2.7 inch vari-angle tilt screen is just as misleading because it’s DPI is just plain suck. right: “Desperate housewives” Penang version.

_DSC2840_DSC2849

While waiting for the big shots, me and Qi thought we escape the crowded place to be with the monkeys and flowers and birds and whatever. LOL

_DSC2885

OK. AT LAST he’s here, giving his speech about Singaporeans who owns mini apartment using 155L per person per day which is lower than UN standards. Oh please come on, average Malaysian houses have 2 toilets, 3-4 bedrooms and gardens and an average of 2 cars per household. What do you expect. Singaporeans save water on not washing cars, toilets, moping floors and washing windows. Their small houses are like so mini that they their windows can be counted using my ten fingers and there’s still remainder. But come to think of it, Penang people take water for granted sometimes. We see pipes leaking almost in every public toilet. Lousy toilet flushes and stuff. Retarded public transport system and the government is still busy digging out jackasses because of a 100 buck bribe.

 _DSC2891

_DSC2893

Our chief minister very handsome horrrrr……so many people crowd to take pictures of him. :)

_DSC2929

Our 2nd group photo which proved that we reached the waterfall, a.k.a water source which only opens once a year. I’m dead proud of myself and honoured to be there.

Oh later that day, Qi and I decided to drop by Gurney Plaza for lunch and a little shopping.

We were really random. It was like “eh? this song very nice lorr…” and we stopped for a brief moment outside Artist Gallery. We walked in eventually. It was like so mesmerising and shu fu (direct translation would be comfortable). LOL

And, we found this pretty gal.

Olivia-Best-Of

Now I’m damn stuck with her songs. It’s like you’d hear them in my car, my room and also my phone. Go get it, support ORI guys it’s damn worth it only RM59.00 ONLY, well only if your a fan of a mix of jazz pop bossa nova swing and whatever the heck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews